Sunday, March 4, 2012

Week of 3-5

I hope everyone had a restful weekend. Just a reminder that book reports are due on Friday, March 9. Can't wait to see them. Please come and visit the book fair this week. The funds raised will provide our school with many great resources. Have you noticed the new behavior system that we've been using? Class Dojo has been in use for the past couple of weeks. It recognizes positive behavior as it happens and I can reward the student in real time with points. This positive reinforcement is very motivating for the students. We can see the class total of positive and negative points and can identify areas that need improvement. Oftentimes, we receive points as a class for things such as lining up quietly. We can also receive negative points as a class if we're too noisy. I will be sending your child's weekly report via email for you to view. It will include the total individual points earned as well as those earned by the class. I've heard positive responses from several of you. I hope you love it as much as I do.